I've posted the recipes for my pizza dough and red sauce.
While searching for avocado recipes I came across the intriguing idea of putting it on pizza, and with crab at that! There are a couple different recipes out there but I didn't really follow them.
1 pizza dough crust
1 can of crab (or fresh if you're lucky!)
a few tablespoons of red sauce
handful (or two, or three) of shredded cheese
- Make the dough. While it's rising, preheat your pizza stone to 425 degrees for an hour.
- Dice the avocado.
- Open and drain the can of crab, and fluff with a fork
- Spray or spread olive oil on pizza crust and sprinkle outside ring with garlic powder.
- Top pizza dough with a thin layer of red sauce. I would've liked a little bit more than this (see photo), but not too much more. For my Italian pizzas I usually load it up because I love sauce!
- Top pizza with cheese. I used Mozzarella and Colby-Jack.
- Top with diced avocados and sprinkle with crab. I used a whole avocado and not quite the whole can of crab.
- Slide onto pizza stone and bake at 425 for 12-13 minutes.