Sunday, December 9, 2012

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

My grandmother has made these for years and years. They're easy and quick and absolutely delicious. They only take about fifteen minutes to whip up and will satisfy any chocolate craving. Who can say no to chocolate on top of chocolate?

The easy secret to this recipe is cake mix. Boxed cake mix is the bulk of the ingredients, which makes it simple. My grandmother made me a little album full of her favorite recipes, isn't that sweet?


Grandmother's Cookies
Ignore the recipe on the back of the cakemix box. We're making cookies, not cake!

I used a box of regular cake mix and I think I started out with 1/4 cup of oil but added a little bit after I started stirring it together. The dough is really thick. I also didn't use an entire back of chocolate chips--I only used about 2/3 of the bag. And I don't like nuts, so not pecans.



The recipe doesn't say, but you just drop spoonfuls of the dough onto the cookie sheet. I used my 1 Tablespoon cookie dough baller and it was perfect.



It's hard to not eat the dough as you go along! "Cleaning" the bowl is heavenly.

I think I cooked them for the full 12 minutes. They need to set afterward or else they'll fall apart on you because of all the chocolate chips holding them together. I'd leave them on the cookie sheet for at least a few minutes or ten minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. Let them completely cool there and then the chocolate holding them together will harden enough so that they won't fall apart when you eat them.



I forgot to count, but I think this recipe made me about 25-30 cookies.

A tip if you have cooling racks like mine: I often have problems with a lot of crumbs falling through the racks from my bottom of my cookies, so I put a pan underneath to be a crumb catcher. Works like a charm.


I really need new baking sheets.
Give them a try!

1 comment: