Saturday, January 19, 2013

Random Pretty Pictures

These are some of my favorite photos that I've taken over the years. I hope you like them!

Monarch Butterfly. I raised this butterfly from a caterpillar and snapped this picture when I released it after it came out of its chrysalis. Beautiful!


Adirondack forest. Upstate NY is where I grew up and I'll always love it!

Cactus flower, Utah.

Sego Lily, Arches National Park, Utah
Lupine and Arrowleaf Balsamroot, Green Mountain, trailhead of the Ruby Crest Trail, Ruby Mountain Range, Nevada. 
Phlox, Green Mountain, trailhead of the Ruby Crest Trail, Ruby Mountain Range, Nevada.
Arrowleaf Balsamroot, Green Mountain, trailhead of the Ruby Crest Trail, Ruby Mountain Range, Nevada.
Lichen on rocks along the trail to Natural Bridge Falls, Boulder River in Main Boulder Canyon.
Mesa Verde. We were the first tour group of the day so I was able to snap this photo without any people among the ruins!
Another Adirondack photo. I think a beech tree?
Dead Juniper tree with a rainbow! Arches National Park, Utah.
Redwood National Forest, Northern California
Redwood National Forest, Northern California
Morning campfire smoke. Redwood National Forest, Northern California
Redwood National Forest, Northern California
Caterpillar Inchworm, Grand Teton National Park